Thursday, December 6, 2012

First event of the wedding, today's sunrise, and a new project

This is the ocean from the balcony of my room on Friday morning. Yes, it was sprinkling and overcast. I went down to the beach anyway and I loved it!

I went for a walk for a couple of hours before I had to get ready for the lingerie shower.


The first event of the wedding was a lingerie shower for the bride on Friday at 11 a.m.. It was given by the bride's best friend from the 7th grade at a resturant across the street from the resort I stayed at, L'Auberge Del Mar.

The table and decorations - it was so lovely!




We started out with mimosas and then sat and pick what we wanted to eat. Here was the menu

I had the fish tacos. The black beans that came with it were so good!

The event lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I met the best friends, sisters-in-law, and the mother of the bride.

Here is the sunset on Thrusday evening. I had walked to the beach as I was having a meltdown from the day of traveling - I won't go into details.

Here is the sunrise here in Ohio this morning

I gather up some fabric last night for a baby quilt I want to make for a friend who's daughter is expecting. The fellow has a band that play a lot of Jimmy Buffet's music so the quilt will have a parrot, shark, pirate theme. I would love to find some fabric with cheeseburgers on it and some with volcanos to add to the mix. I will have to do some searching on line to see if I can find any. In the meantime, I was suprise to find the amount of fabric I had that will fit into this quilt.

Tomorrow I will post picture of the pre-wedding reception.

1 comment:

shannon said...

there's nothing good on TV, so i googled for you :)

cheeseburgers in paradise:
http://www.fabricparadise.com/cgi-bin/fabricshop/gallery.cgi?func=show&file=644&Category=24#.UMEegHcw-M0

the ring if fire:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/101526598/marianne-of-maui-hawaiian-fabric

volcano fabric isn't as common as one would assume....

have fun at the wedding!!