Tuesday, December 11, 2012

25th finish of 2012

I finished stitching the last 3 feet of binding and sewed on a label on this flannel quilt. I ran the lint roller over and over it to get any stray threads and fuzz off of it. I am happy with the results. It is 59" x 70" and I used Essentials thread in Cornsilk for the top and bottom quilting thread in the center section. For the border I had some dark navy thread in my stash. The lady I am giving this to is about 5' tall and just a little thing so this quilt will be plenty big enough for her.



Next I need to get crack-a-lackin' on the pillowcases for the nieces and nephews and the McQuilts. First I will have to clean off my big sewing table - it is covered with stuff that I haven't put away from my trip.

Here is my brother at the reception with Jay Bellarose on the left (drummer for Ray LaMontagne and Hugh Laurie) and Mike Mills (R.E.M.) on the right.


I changed my comments section to moderate always. Some of the anonymous comments were getting distasteful and I am putting the power in my hands not the creeps who post crap.

No comments: