Monday, September 10, 2012

Day 15 wedding quilt quilting and what a weekend

Saturday I went to visit my son and stopped at The Material Girl quilt shop to see what was on sale. I picked up a couple of pieces that were in the $3.99 group and some others that were 20% off. From left to right: 1 yard purple flannel for my sister's flannel quilt, 3 yards cream/green/blue at $3.99 a yard for stash, 2 yards text fabric for stash, 1 yard guitar fabric for stash, 3.88 yards yellow and gray at $3.99 for yellow and gray quilt I need to make for Peg's room, 2 yards of white/black polka dot for stash, and 2 yards of hot pink for baby girl quilts.

Here are a few shots of the inside of the shop. This is Wendy the owner.



After my visit I headed back to Akron and it already after 3 p.m. I stopped at the library before heading to the house. I sat and relaxed for a little while until I headed out the door again to go see my nephew's band play. I now have an official job with the band! I am in charge of selling t-shirts and fridge magnets. His mom did this along with taking photos, visiting with people and everything and anything else that comes up. So me handling the t-shirt sales takes a big load off of her. I sold 13 shirts and one magnet. Here is a picture of the band

Michael's mom, my sister-in-law, dyed those pants he is wearing. Michael's has a vintage soul! Both of these photos were taken by my sister-in-law. This picture shows Michael's intensity. He really is having a good time despite the look on his face.

The band played from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. so I didn't get to bed until 12:15 and I was still tired when I got up around 8. I only managed to get 3 blocks quilted on the wedding quilt. Part of the problem was being tired, but the other thing is that I am watching Sex in the City on DVD. I have only see episodes here and there and I wanted to watch the whole series in order. I get watching more that quilting! I think there were six seasons and I am 2/3 the way thru season four.

I had to stop quilting and fix my son's rain pants that I have had for at least 2 or 3 years. He needs them for work. I will see him again today so I promised I would get them fixed. I needed to shorten them and replace one zipper at the ankle. Yeah they are done!

I had taped Ingorious Bastards and started watching it on Friday. I could only watch so much at a time. That movie was so intense it was hard to watch! I ended up watching it in three sittings because it was such a mentally hard movie to watch, BUT somehow I didn't program the VCR correctly and didn't get the end of the movie! My recording stopped at the part of the movie where Marci was standing in front of the pile of film behind the screen at the cinema after he had locked all the doors. I don't know how much more of the movie there was to go, so unless someone can answer all my qustions I will need to borrow the movie from the library so I can see the end.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Oh no, you lost the ending! LOL. I saw about half of it and the power went off. So we lost the movie.

Sorry, I can't help you.

Michael looks REALLY intense! Love those pants. Looks like the bell bottoms I made a ton of when I was a teenager!

glen