Monday, July 2, 2012

Pin basting, June finishes review, LLVL quilt progress, and TDF

One of the women, Stephanie, from the MQG came over on Saturday to pin baste three of her quilts. She lives in a small apartment and has no place to lay tops out. We got three quilts pin basted.

I worked on the LLVL quilt on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. Saturday was the official day the June quilt challange was over so by end of day on Saturday I had about 25% of the LLVL quilt done. I decided to quilt the centers of each block in a different pattern so I layed out all my quilting thread so I could make quick choices of the color of Sulky rayon for the front and cotton for the back.


Here are a few of the centers:
the front
the back



I got this small piece finished on Saturday. It is only 10" x 12" and I debating on whether it should count as a June finish since it is so small, but what the heck. It is a finish! After binding I mounted it on a canvas for hanging. I just used regular white glue. Next time I do one of these I will show you the process.

So my official finishes for June are six plus 25% of the LLVL quilt.

I worked on the LLVL quilt on Sunday and it is now 60% done. Can you believe I had the purple batik binding from when I put together this top 7 to 10 years ago? I also still have a piece of the cream print which I may use for the binding too. I will have to wait until I get the top quilting and then I will decided what color I am going to use where.


THe TDF stated Saturday and Fabian Cancellara had the fasted time in the opening prologue so he is wearing the yellow jersey.

On Sunday Cancellara was able to defend his jersey and still had the best time so he is still in the yellow. My boy, Peter Sagan, won his first stage in the TDF. This is his first TDF and his 14th stage win for 2012. Sagan followed Cancellara up the uphill finish and blew by Cancellara in the last few meters to win the stage.

Today's stage is a flat stage so this will be a better test of the Liquidgas team to see if they can bring Sagan to the line for another stage win. There are several other sprinters in the race so today will be a real test to see who is on top of their game.

No comments: