Monday, July 23, 2012

Crazy busy weekend

Friday after work I drove to my brother's house and the four of us, my brother, sister-in-law, Michael, and I - drove to Kent for the band's performance at the Kent Stage. Dispite lighting issues and a few technical issues, the band plowed thru their performance. It wasn't their best, but they were still good. The crowd gave them a nice hand at the end and all was good.

I spent Saturday and Sunday morning working on the the Olivia quilts. I have the red one pin basted. I ended up piecing the backs of each quilt using all the scraps. I had 19 yards of Olivia fabric and used 8 5/8 yards for both of these quilts.

The back

The black one is ready for pin basting, but I just had to get started on another one of the five quilts I need to have done this year so I just put the cutting mat on top of the black one. My design wall was empty and I just wanted to get my idea for this next quilt translated into fabric so I could see on the wall instead of just in my head.

I did clean up the studio before Jacki came over on Sunday. She needed to use my table to lay out her quilt for the borders. We measured, pinned and sewed the first border on the quilt. She said I should rent my table out by the hour.

The TDF is over - I am having withdraw. Braddley Wiggins won the yellow jersey. He is the first British rider in histor to win the TDF.

Thomas Vochler won the King of the Mountains polka dot jersey.

Peter Saga won the sprint point green jersey.

Tejay Van Garderen from the U.S. won the best young rider white jersey

Chris Anker Sorenson won the most aggresive rider honors

Radioshack-Nissan won the team competition.

The jersey winners came back up to the podium again together and were presented with more trophies. They sure give a lot of trophies to the winners. I think the Bradley was presented with at least three trophies plus three bouquets of flowers. I have no idea who sponsored this glass trophy,

There was a fawn having a late lunch in the back yard yesterday.

So now I have to get my head around a very busy week - getting stuff to the neighbor's house for the garage sale, getting Peg's room ready for her visit on Saturday/Sunday, dentist again and MQG meeting on Wednesday, volunteering at the art Museum on Thrusday, oil change on Tuesday, hair appointment on Saturday, Michael's band playing on Sunday - ugh!! I don't like weeks this - too much!

No comments: