Friday, June 29, 2012

Progess on the LLVL quilt

Last night was brutal working at the museum. It was so hot even though we were in the shade. I was totally wiped out by the time I got home, so I took a quick shower and went to bed. I woke up early this morning and had a little extra time to sit at the machine a quilt a bit. The blocks in the quilt are half the creamy yellow print and the other half is the varigated purple batik. You can see with this shot that there are browns, yellows, and blues in the batik.

I don't like the way the my oversized centers look quilted with the Cornsilk colored thread. I am going to go back and rip out the quilting in that graped colored center and re-quilt it in a matching colored thread. I went back and forth in my head about this and I just have to change it.

My plans for the weekend are to watch the Tour de France which starts tomorrow, clean house, and work on the LLVL quilt. One of the ladies from the MQG is coming over on Saturday afternoon to use my big table to pin baste some quilts thus explains the cleaning of the house!

Oh, what does LLVL stand for? Livin La Vida Loca. I had gone to see Ricky Martin, July of 2000 or 2001 in Columbus and I wanted to make a quilt that looked like a party. So this quilt had gone unquilted for 10 or 11 years. It is about time I got it done!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Why don't you just use a fine point marker in a closer matching value and color in the thread on the dark squares. It doesn't make sense to tear it out.