Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Packing up and the next project

Tonight is my binding demostration for the miter corners and facing style binding so I started packing up all the things I need to take with me. I forgot a few items that I ended up adding to the pile after I took this picture and also add the sewing machine to the stuff I will be taking.

I did get started machine quilting on my next quilt. This one I have had pin basted for at least 9 or 10 years! Can you believe it? I don't usually use purple in my work, but I found this beautiful varigated puple batik. It had some blue and yellow in it also. I found a print that went with it so well - a light creamy yellow with little feathers and confetti pieces sprinkled thoughout. I just thought the two pieces were meant to be together. This is a log cabin quilt and I will reveal more as I continue to work on this piece.

No comments: