Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cover done and more work on the wool quilt

It only took about an hour and a half to make the amp cover. The hardest part was wrestling the fabric and pulling the elastic out as I sewed it on. I can feel the workout of pulling the elastic in my upper chest this morning. Who knew I could get a workout in while I sewed!? Here is the finished cover


The amp cover went together so quickly that I had time to work on the wool quilt. I trimmed a bunch of blocks and sewed together one more row. I am going to keep the extra blocks for adding on to this quilt once I get the measurments from my brother. I like this quilt so much I think I will keep making blocks until I run out of the lighter colored wool pieces. I have a feeling there is going to be a need for me to make another one of these for someone.

Extra blocks

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like the wool quilt. I used to work with wool a lot when I was in my dressmaking and tailoring days and it is a dream to work with. Are you going to use a wool batt? I haven't tried it yet.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Your amp covers are very interesting. You shall be called Renaissance Woman! LOL

That wool quilt is awesome. I love the feel of soft sheep against my skin!