Monday, February 20, 2012

What got done

Lots of pictures today and please read at least the end of this post. I have a question that I need your help with. Thanks!

Hand sew the binding on the pink and white quilt - DONE!

Hem sleeves and skirt on my neighbor's suit - DONE!

Replace zipper in my neighor's skirt - DONE!

Hem a lined pair of pants - DONE!

Take in the waist of a pair of pants - DONE!

Take in a dress at the zipper - not done

The rest of the pile to do

I didn't get as much done on Saturday - I was tired even though I had sleep good the night before. I am going to keep working on this pile of clothing and try to get as much done as possible this week. I want to work on quilts not alterations!

My brother called and said he would be on his way to N.J. today. There is a possiblity that I may be making amp covers for another band he works with and he asked that I make him a conforter/quilt blanket for his bunk on the bus. He won't need it until sometime in March and he needs to get me the measurements. He doesn't like the comforters that are supplied and he said he needs something warm. Apparently they keep the A/C on full blast on the bus. Question to all of you out there in blogland - is the wool batting warmer than the cotton? I have never use wool so I don't know. I was thinking I would use the wool suit sample scraps I have and make him a wool quilt and use wool batting in it. For the backing I may use flannel. Thanks for your help!

No comments: