Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another done

Hem pants - Done!

Next I spent time taking a pair of shorts apart. I took me an hours to carefully rip them apart. They are too big and the young woman paid big bucks for them so she wanted to get some more wear out of them. I had to be careful taking off the belt loops that were sewn on within an inch of their lives. The good news (ha, ha) is that I have another pair of the same shorts to alter! Here are the shorts on the owner

Here are the shorts torn apart

So tonight I will take these in by taking some out of each side seam and the back seam, cut a hunk out of the waistband and sew it back on and use the center back belt loop to cover the seam I will put in the waistband. I feel like I am back at the shop where I worked and did the majority of their alterations 60 - 70 hours a week. They made custom clothes for people who showed western horses. There were always alterations to do as the girls grew or sold their outfits to someone else. I guess all that experience is being put to use this week - but I would rather be making a quilt!

Here is the sunrise this morning.

2 comments:

Charlene S said...

I hate doing alterations. When my girls were growing up, I spent hours doing just that since store bought clothes never fit properly. Quilting is much more fun! Love the sunrise!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

No one could pay me enough to take that style shorts apart. Of course I tried it when I was younger but once was enough. You are a saint!