Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What a weekend!

I don't know what has gotten into me, but I have this new energy and a need to get stuff done. Friday night I cleaned house, because company was coming. My company came, we went to dinner, and my friend's husband checked out my big sewing table. We never made it upstairs where I had spent the majority of my time cleaning, but I didn't care. It was all straightened up and looking good.

Saturday I started working on this
What is it? A pile of drapes someone had given to me. I remodeled them for a family member and by Monday I finished the last of them - two pairs of pinch pleated drapes, a door curtian, and a pair of tie backs.
If there is anyone out there in cyberspace that wants to know a great easy method for making pinch pleated drapes let me know. I took a bunch of pictures and I could put together a post on it.


Saturday I did take a break from working on the drapes to go see my nephew's band play. My goodness it was hot - 91 degrees. One of the families had brought a open air tent, so we all huddled in the shade. The kids did a great job and were happy with the icy towels I brought them.

Sunday was all about the drapes. I decided to replace the lining. The lining with the drapes was cheap and very discolored. I had some lining in my storage room that I had bought years ago for my still unmade living room drapes, so I thought I may have enough to do these. I was a foot short of having enough - darn! JoAnn's had lining 50% off plus a coupon for 10% off your total purchase so I ran to JoAnn's and bought the lining I needed plus enought for my living room drapes. I also started a batch of homemade yogurt and made the dough for pizza.

Monday the electrician came and fixed up my re-do room. Here is the before:
and the after:

I am so glad this is done! While he was working the electric was off so I switched projects and trimmed all the blocks for the I Spy quilts. I am making two so you can see that I am a little short. I have two of my blogging buddies who are going to send me some prints to help me out. Thanks so much!
Here is my to list from Monday. I always think I can get more done than what is possible! The drapes just took longer than I thought, but they are done and that to me is huge. Now I just need to find the time to install them.
Hope your holiday weekend was great!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

You amaze me!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope I never have to make another pair of drapes. I've made plenty in my day.

I hope you got the cool weather now. We were in that heat for 3 days and now it can hardly get up to 70 which feels so good.