Monday, August 22, 2011

Great weekend

I am having sewing company Tuesday evening so I needed to get the downstairs cleaned up. I had four piles - garage sale, keep, my son, and trash. This is the downstairs foyer. I started out clearing out the shelf on the right wall in this picture. Not a good shot of it, but it had three shelves and was packed full of my containers I used to sort scraps.

Once I moved the shelf and its contents (some when into to closet in the re-do bedroom) it was time to deal with the floor. Here is where I had not installed the floor tile yet.

I got the tile installed along with the baseboard between the doorways.

Next it was time to sort the boxes on top of that yellow and gree toy box. Now the only thing on top of it is my tools.

I had to go out and work in the garage Sunday a bit to make a spot for the garage sale items. Once I made a decision about an item to go to the sale, I just wanted to get it out of the house. It was very humid and after 1 1/2 hours I deemed the spot clean enough, started bringing stuff out to the garage, and them went back into the A/c.
Before:

After:
I went thru every box and made hard decisions about everything. I even went thru all my xmas ornaments and sorted out a box of them to go to the garage sale. I went from 5 boxes of xmas stuff to two.

The box of my son's trophies has not been unpacked for over 15 years and it was time to deal with them. I cut off all the plaques and will be using them in a memory box project I have started. The trophies will be going to the garage sale.

The oddest thing I found was a pair of beat up metallic shoes worn by James Tayler from Kool and the Gang. My brother tourned with Kool and the Gang a very long time ago and he "saved" these from the trash for my son. I remember at the party when my brother brought these shoes that my son, who was probably 9 or 10 at the time, putting on the shoes and dancing around in them. It was too funny. What should I do with these? E-bay?

I did sew a little last night and managed to sew together the blocks for the last two rows of the xmas family zig zag quilt, and dumped out my yogurt for straining that I had started Sunday morning. A neighbor stopped over with a couple of alterations about 7 PM so after she left I threw in the towel and called it a night.

Tonight I have to finish cleaning up the kitchen since company is coming and cook something for lunches this week.









1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

lots and lots of work! Looking very good.

Definitely Ebay. You will problaby get enough money to have someone else come and clean up your sewing room for you!

glen