Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Another detail

Here is the return air grille from the redo bedroom. I did buy a new one, but it was lightweight and the screw holes did not line up with the old ones. This old paint encrusted, dirty grille is make from steel so I decided to striped it, scraped it, then wire brushed to get those last crusty bits off and use steel wool to smooth the surfaces.

Here it is before painting.

Here it is after one coat of paint.

I am pleased with how it turned out. I will give it another coat of gloss white paint, install it, and that will be one more thing done. I am getting so close to being done with everything except the closet doors which will have to wait and the baseboards. I will finish the touch up painting and electrical this weekend the room will be done. That means I will have a giveaway on Tuesday to celebrate the room being as done as I can at this time. The giveaway will be sewing related - not remodeling!

1 comment:

QuiltSwissy said...

Very nice job on the grille.

The worst new not fitting the old was the Attic Stairs Replacing Day. All the new ones are about 2 inches smaller than the old ones. Hmmmm. One would think it would be standardized.

glen