Monday, July 11, 2011
I got the Dutch wax quilt sewn together, pieced the back, and pinned basted so it is ready for quilting. This is a birthday present for someone and that was what drove the design and fabric choices.
The boys in the TdF had a rough Friday, Saturday, and Sunday - 3 broken collarbones, a broken wrist, a suspected fractured pevis, a broken nose with a concussion, two broken arms, one rider knocked off his bicycle by a motor bike, and two riders knocked off their bike by a car. One of the riders knocked off by the car landed on a barbed wire fence. He and the other rider got back up and finished the stage. The motorbike that hit the rider got thrown out of the tour and I suspect that the car, which was a French media car, will also be tossed out. Here is a picture of the worst crash on Sunday. I hate to see this happen.
I did get an hour and a half of weeding done early Sunday. I was up at 5:40 am Sunday. It was cool out so I was out weeding by 6. So one flower bed is done - yeah. I started on those pesky alterations Sunday afternoon. I think that will be what I will be doing while I watch the tour this week.