Friday, July 22, 2011

Flag quilt and Tdf

I switched projects last evening and decided to machine quilt on the flag quilt. I got 4 1/3 square feet done in about 2 1/2 hours. I was watching yesterday's stage of the TdF and I kept stopping to fast forward the tape thru the commercials so that slowed me down a bit. For the blue section I am using a varigated blue thread by Coat and Clark called Star. I am not a fan of Star thread because of the knots I find in the spools. That drives me crazy!

Speaking of the Tdf:
Yesterday's race profile

Going up hill (aka mountain)
Summit of the first climb

Going downhill
Riding thru the valley

Heading up the climb

The summit of this climb is in the clouds. The boys had a total of 38 miles of climbing yesterday.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

lovely quilting design!

Vicki W said...

I have that exact same blue Star thread. If you need more I would be HAPPY to get rid of mine! lol!

Janet said...

Okay I know you are an amazing sewer but how do you machine quilt and watch the TDF at the same time? Amazing! I have to look at my quilting when I FMQ.