Thursday, March 31, 2011

Playing, but not in the snow.

This is my front yard when I got to the house after work yesterday afternoon. It continued to snow and we ended up with 2 - 3 inches. The snow didn't stick to the streets until later that evening when it got colder. I am ready for it to stop snowing and get into the 50's.



So I didn't play in the snow last evening, but played in the studio. Here are the stamps and stencils I made last evening. I had taken the ball bat and glove stamps and enlarged them on the copier. These are the images I want to put on the backing for the baseball t-shirt quilt.



The top image is stencil with ink and the bottom is a stamped image with ink. They both look pretty much the same.



This is the stencil and ink



This is using the stamp with fabric paint that was way to thick.


I think I am going to go with using the stencil method. It is going to be easy to place the image where I want it. My stamps are thin and it takes too long to carefully place the ink or paint on the stamp.

1 comment:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Interesting. I never thought about doing a back by stamping it. Cool.

I am in Louisiana, and think snow is cool.....but then I don't have to live in it!

glen