Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Monday already

Here is the quilting on the back of the improv quilt thru the band of color that we added to the back using the scraps. I quilted for about 7 hours on Saturday before I left for the battle of the bands. My nephew's band did not win this year. The winner was to get a spot playing at Ripper Owens Tap House (Ripper sang with Judias Priest). After the winners were announced Ripper came up to my nephew and told him he wanted them to play at the Tap House and they would be playing there in the future even though they didn't win - Cool!


Here are some of the alterations I completed - hemmed 6 pairs of pants and shorten the sleeves on two lined jackets. I still have three more jackets that need work and a skirt that needs hemmed. I am waiting for my thread order to come from Atlanta Thread so I can fix the skirt and one of the jackets. They are green - I'm mean St. Patrick's Day green - and I don't have any thread that color. Atlanta has their 1100 yard spools of Guterman on sale for $1.86 a spool for the month of March.

No comments: