Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting close to the finish, but will I have enough time?


I finished quilting the borders and attached the binding last evening. I would have loved to have gone for a walk - it was so beautiful outside - but nooooooooo, I had to work on this quilt. I will spend my lunch hour getting started with the hand sewing on the binding and finish it this evening.

I also have to finish the quilting this evening. I was having major problem with the medium blue thread boogering up on the back every once in a while. I think the problem was the weight of the thread. I am going to try another weight and hopefully that solves the problem, because tonight the quilt has to be done. I need to give it to my friend tomorrow. Oh, how am I going to squeeze time in to hang it and take some pictures? I guess I will figure something out. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I guess I would have taken the easy way out and put the same color blue fabric on the back. The quilting is beautiful. Some of the thread problems hide themselves after washing, and some don't.