Friday, February 11, 2011

Yeah it is Friday!

Here is the sunrise this morning -just beautiful. It is actually more pink to the eye than yellow.


I was so tired after work yesterday that I did not accomplish much. I did manage to get three more blocks completed. I was concerned that the tie dye fabric would be to white (the third block down on the right) to blend in with the rest of the fabrics, but I think it looks pretty good. This is not the final arrangement - I just wanted to get them up on the design wall.


I may just make the entire top with just blocks like this baby quilt only make it queen size.


Or I may add some elements that I had in this quilt.


This is going to be a busy weekend. Tonight I am working at the art museum for an opening of an exhibit. I will be working at the bar serving wine. Saturday I have to get my hair cut then my friend is coming over and we will be working some more on this quilt for her daughter.

Sunday morning I have to go to the grocery store. Have not been there in three weeks. The rest of Sunday will be making dutch wax blocks.

Have a great and safe weekend!

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

These look very African. I won some African blocks at my quilt group and I'm trying to think of ways to put them together. I thought of putting black between each block and doing embroidery on each also. We'll see. Thanks for the inspiration

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't think the tie die looks too white either, in fact didn't even notice it until you mentioned it. It sounds like a busy weekend for you.