Monday, February 28, 2011

Progress on the Improv quilt

I wanted to just stay home and sew this weekend, but that didn't happen. Friday night turned out to be a good time watching my nephew play and then again Saturday night with his bandmates. On Saturday night they had technical problems and my nephew's wireless unit for his guitar was not working so he had to plug in. Well, he likes to leave the stage during his solos and walk through the crowd, so I ended up helping with the cord so it did not get tangled as he moved thru the crowd -crouching down so I didn't block people's view.

I did get some quilting done on this quilt. Here is a shot of the back and the front. I am really going to have to focus this week and try to get as much done as possible since next Saturday I will be gone all day. My nephew's band is in a Battle of the Bands contest and it is an all day affair with 12 bands participating. It starts at 3 p.m. and ends at 9 with my nephew's band playing at 8 p.m. The cool part is Ripper Owens is going to perform at 9 p.m.

2 comments:

GerryART said...

this is a good looking quilt
love the blue and the yellow
Temps are warming and spring is
around the corner
Hugs,
Gerry

GerryART said...

oh, did I say I'm impressed with your quilting on the back.
Hugs
Gerry