Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside!

The news said it was 5 degrees, but my car said it is a balmy 10. I finally found my polar fleece ear band so my ears were nice and toasty taking out the trash this morning.

I managed to get more strips of my Dutch wax fabric cut last evening. The stack is growing and will be ready for a weekend of sewing.



I had a friend of a friend stop by last evening with some alterations. It consists of hemming pants and hemming jacket sleeves. I could use the extra cash in case I decide I want to go on a bus trip to the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati in April. A quilt shop in Kent, Ohio is sponsoring a bus. We would stop at several quilt shops on the way down on Friday, Saturday would be the Festival, and Sunday we would stop at the Fabric Shack in Waynesville on the way back (I have heade great things about this shop). The price includes the bus, ticket to the festival, and hotel. I would like to find a roommate so the cost would be $235.00. Should I go?

No comments: