Thursday, December 16, 2010

Making great progres on the baby quilt

Last evening I managed to get the quilt pin basted and started quilting. This morning I woke up at 4:50 am so I decided to get up and quilt instead of laying there in my nice warm bed. As of this morning I have 50% of the quilting done! I used the Meadow colored thread. I did have a problem with the thread breaking. The first time - I thought it was a fluke. The second time it broke - I was getting frustrated. The third time - well, it was time the change the needle. Maybe there was a microscopic burr that was catching the thread. It wasn't that the needle was too small - I am using a 110 size 16 topstitching needle. I am really happy with the way the quilting looks.

Tonight I am volunteering at the Akron Art Museum's Art Mart. This is the event I tried to sell my baby quilts at last year. I get the job as the wrapper. I like this job because I get to see up close what everyone buys.

Have a great and productive day!

No comments: