Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I think I am in trouble

I worked really hard these past three days, but I am not where I need to be. I made 8 pillowcases for my nieces and nephews. They are now wrapped.


I hemmed 7 pairs of pants and took in the waist on 3 of those pairs.

I ended up helping to load up the equipment after my nephew's band played Saturday night. We were done loading at 1:15 am. I was so tired Sunday it was hard to think and work, but I muttled thru.

I quilted a lot yesterday, but not as much as I would have liked. My x-cousin was going to come an pick up her pants I fixed so I had to do a little clean up. I also needed to cut some t-shirts up for her. She needed t-shirt fabric to make a scarf. I had a bunch of t-shirts that I am going to make a quilt out of for a lady at the local rec center. The t-shirts are leftover from previous t-ball teams. So yestday I spend 2 to 3 hours sorting a huge box of t-shirts and cutting them apart. That cut into my quilting the xmas quilt. I have 32% of the xmas quilt quilted. I have gone thru about 800-900 yards of thread already. It is a good thing I stocked up last winter on Essentials quilting thread when they had it on sale. I am in trouble though because I doublt that I can get the quilt finished in time for xmas eve. I have tonight to quilt for 3 - 4 hours and the same for Wednesday night. Forget about doing the dishes - they will just have to wait! Thrusday they will probably let us out of work early so I can get started on the pies and cookies and work on the quilt in-between. If I get the binding on I can sit xmas eve at my dad's and do the handstitching. It won't be the first time I have done that! Wish me luck!