Monday, July 26, 2010

Another new piece and adding the stash

Such a busy weekend and oh was it hot! My nephew's band did a great job playing at the festival, but halfway thru their set, my nephew had to sit down and get cooled off. He said he was about to faint. I was close to 100 degrees. After they threw the cold towels I had brought for the band for about 5 -6 minutes, he felt better and they finished their set. If you were in the shade with the breeze that was blowing it was tolerable, but if you were in the sun - forget about it!

I worked on this piece that I am making out of my volunteer shirts from the art museum. I am in the process of quilting it.


I went shopping Saturday morning at a quilt shop an hour away in the county where I use to live. Found some good stuff on the 50% off already marked down racks. I mean I paid $2.00 and $2.50 for fabric that is usually $9.00 a yard. Then the rest of the fabric was 25 percent off. It was hard to stop. Think I did buy more yardage of each piece than I needed, but since I don't know what I am going to make right now I would rather have too much than not enought.



Then of course it was the last stages of the TDF. Congratulations to all the winners.

No comments: