Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Block for quilt group



The above block is for the July meeting of the Piecemakers Quilt Group in Tuscarawas County, Ohio. It is a very casual group with no dues and members coming and going all the time. Since I have moved an hour away, it has been harder and harder to set aside the majority of a Sunday to attend. I can't remember the last time I attended a meeting. My friend, P, sends me what the block of the month will be and I sometimes get one made and send it to her in case I cannot attend. The block of the month is picked by whoever is the host of the meeting. The host(s) are responsible for the snack also. The colors were assigned and I think this was suppose to be a Xmas in July thing. It was easy to put together and I put it in the mail this morning so that's one more thing done! Oh, what happens to the block? Everyone that brings a block gets their name in a drawing and whoever's name gets pulled wins the blocks. Now you remember that P came to visit me in May? Well, the quilt tops she was working on we monthly blocks that were gifted to her when the winners did not want them. P cannot turn any unloved blocks down and always turned them into something original. She has a bachlors in art and can see the beauty in sometimes the ugliest bunch of blocks.

9 days until the Tour!

No comments: