Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Making progress on the flower beds

It was chilly last evening, but the sun was shinning so I was back out working in the yard. I managed to get the trench dug for resetting the sandstone front border. I transplanted a daylilly behind the telephone poles. Then I proceeded to try and talk myself out of moving the stones at the back of this bed. Since I moved the front ones back from the curb where they should have been place to begin with, at the center of the bed there is only about 18" of planting space. I ususally plant my canna here so that is not going to be enough room to plant them plus some cora bells. I just stepped back and said to myself "you just have to move one stone at a time and eventually you will move them all." I have a borrowed spud bar in the garage that hopefully will help me to move these stones. Wish me luck because I am going to need it! I will throw down some grass seed on the dirt area between the curb and the front stone border once I buy some.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

What you are going to need is the phone number of my massage therapist!