Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Friday already and Stage 11

Yes, I know I skipped Stage 9 and 10, but I don't have photos of those yet. This piece is my hand dyes (cayman island green and turquiose)and is 17 1/4" x 32". As you can see it is very densely quilted in colors matching the fabric.





I have lots of plans for the weekend - let's see how much I get done. I want to get the green and cow quilt done, I have to go have my taxes done, I need to cut down my ornamental grasses before the new growth starts with all this warm weather, make another batch of yogurt, and hem a lightweight jersey coat and dress for a neighbor's mother (that was unexpected and hard to say no to). What does your weekend look like? Hope you accomplish what you plan!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your weekend is going to be more productive than mine!

Anonymous said...

Hi Patty,

I got your email. Thank you for taking the time to write. I have Bernina 640E that has a stitch regulator. It helps quite a bit with my stitch quality.

I have heard that going slow on your machine helps too. I don't know if you would find that helpful. Also, using fine threads helps with the visual result a lot.