Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Are you wearing the green today? My great grandparents were from county Cork and immigrated to Boston. I never knew them, but I have one picture of my great grandmother sitting on a porch in a rocking chair wearing a apron. I treasure that picture.

I did go through my stash and found more fabric I could make up more quick baby quilts. Here are the blocks for the first quilt arranged and ready for assembly. I did make a mistake - the white and black should have been between the blue cow fabric and the green fabric, but what the heck. I was not going to take it apart and it looks ok to me for a giveaway quilt. I may be teaching a class on how to make this easy, but very cute baby quilt, so I am working out the fabric quantities and cutting diagrams and of course sewing the strips together in the correct order!



Here are the strip sets and binding for 3 more quilts ready to go.



I have been trying to bust my stash so as of today I am keeping track. I won't post how much I busted until the quilt is done.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

some of the most wonderful discoveries have been made by putting fabric "out of order". Who says what order it should be? It looks great to me.