Monday, March 8, 2010

Busy weekend

I got the rest of the pieces cut out for the brown and pink quilt. I did get a few blocks pieced. I am using a liberated method so the stars will not be exactly the same. I just have to line up each block so I don't get the points going in the wrong direction.



I spent Saturday afternoon at a baby shower. I had to make a bag to put the scrappy pink quilt that I posted a couple of weeks ago - I didn't have any wrapping paper so I made a bag. I also made a bag with yellow monkeys on it for the yellow zig zag quilt.

Below is a small clip of the Battle of the band my nephew was in Saturday night. It is the beginning of "Voodoo Child" by Jimi Hendrix. They are 6th graders that have been playing together for 4 or 5 years. Yes, that means they started when they were in the first grade! The clip is not very good - I was too far away - But they won! They beat 5 other bands that ranged from a band that had been together for only 8 months to a high school boys to a death metal band. They won a huge trophy and a prime spot in the Cuyhoga Falls Rockin' on the River Festival this summer.

I made 100 of these cord tamers for my brother, M, who is now the chief rodie, technician, and production crew for his son's band Retro. M use to tour years ago with my other brother B. You would not believe how many mic and electrical cords they need to put on a show. Pull the hook and loop apart and place one end of the extension cord between the hook and loop and then press together so the cord is sandwiched between. Wind the cord up. Then wrap the long loop piece around the cord onto the hook piece and now you have a cord nicely wrapped and easy to store.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

You are a good sister!