Monday, March 15, 2010

Busy weekend & another baby quilt done



I finally found a someone who will distribute the knitted baby blankets I have been making to needy families. I have four ready to go. I will probably throw in one or two quilts. I have enough yarn to make another 6 or 7.


I made my first batch of Greek yogurt. It turned out great, but I was so suprised on how little you get out of a quart of milk. It is not hard to make at all, you just have to do some planning because of the time it takes for the yogurt to ferment and the time to drain. I haven't tasted it yet, but it smells great.

I worked as a volunteer at the Akron Art Museum Ale and Beer Event on Friday night. We had a good crowd. Along with the vast aray of beer there was lots of beer food -soft pretzels, popcorn, brats, hot dogs, and nachos.


Here is a shot of my beer station. I was serving an organic pale ale and a gluten free beer.



The brown and pink quilt is done. I had it about half quilted when I went to bed Saturday night and I finished quilting it on Sunday. Got the binding on and the label. I am now five for five!



The back is made up of my pink hand dyes and the commercial brown batiks. I really like the way it turned out.


Here is a close up of the quilting. I used a dark pink thread to soften the brown a bit.



I had plans on working in the yard, but it rained all day Saturday and Sunday the temperature dropped and it was windy and cold. I guess I was pushing it thinking I could get some yard work done. It was so nice last week though!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your pink and brown quilt turned out great! Sounds like you had a great weekend too.

Anonymous said...

Your baby quilt is pretty!