Friday, February 26, 2010

Making progress

Here is the progress on the baby blanket. If you would want to quilt along so far I have cast on 123 stitches and knitted 12 rows. Yes, you knit all the rows - no purling to this point yet. My next row will be the first row of the pattern. I will share that on Monday. I am using a 4-ply worsted weight yarn. The pattern calls for 12 ozs., but I have some big fat skeins of vintage Red Heart yarn that are 8 oz. I may be able to get two blankets out of three skeins.


My plans this weekend depend on the weather. We have received 3 -4 inches of snow so far and all the schools are closed. Tonight my nephew's band is participating in a battle of the bands being held at a local high school. I don't know if they will pospone it or not since the snow is still falling and the roads are not so good. I have a haircut appointment tomorrow morning and it just depends on the amount of snow as to whether I can make it or not. My car can only handle about 5 to 6 inches of snow. I would like to get the yellow zig zag quilt quilted and the binding on Stage 11. I think I will just play it by ear this weekend!

No comments: